The following is a detailed outline of the sales of tickets for the June 1 Centennial Clash between Trinidad and Tobago and England at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, revealed at a media conference hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Regency Ballroom, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port of Spain on Tuesday April 29, 2008.
Revealing the details was Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Jack Warner with Geoffrey Wharton Lake also explaining the process for the ordering and collection of tickets for the encounter dubbed "A Score to Settle".
Warner revealed that the whole event will cost close to TT$15 million. The England team will arrive here by private jet on May 29. The next morning they will have an open training session for media and selected school children at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Later that day at 6pm Fabio Capello and selected England players will conduct a coaching clinic for up to 75 selected youngsters from various homes at the Marvin Lee Stadium.
The England team, by request of the English FA will don their away red kit while T&T will play in white on June 1. Kick off is at 5:30pm.
* Tickets will be priced at $1200 TTD Special reserved (includes parking, reserved seating, refreshments, and centennial memorabilia), $600 TTD Covered stands, and $300 TTD Uncovered stands. These charges apply to adults, children & differently abled persons.
* There are 1,000 special reserved tickets 4,150 covered stands and 18,040 uncovered stands seat allotments. Total tickets amounts to 23,190.
* 750 tickets (uncovered stands) for the English “away” fans shall also be collected on May 01, 2008 and shipped to the English FA prior to the deadline date of May 10, 2008.
Distribution of tickets
We have put in place one of the easiest and most efficient means possible of acquiring tickets for the match. It is a system that is used universally with great success and will alleviate the past challenges we have faced.
And it could not have come at a better time. Given the heightened interest in this historic match, we anticipate a huge response to the event. The official launch of the new ticketing arrangement will be made available to the public on May 5th 2008. This was the date carded for the sale of tickets and it is the date which will be used for introduction of the new system for making tickets available to the public.
The ticketing system is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. A fan desirous of purchasing a ticket will be required to go on-line to the official T.T.F.F. website ttffonline.com or by calling a prescribed number 800-FANS.
2. The fan will be given a confirmation code which will direct him or her to the next steps for collection of the ticket.
3. The fan arrives at the assigned Ticket Redemption point to pay and receive his or her ticket or tickets based upon a confirmation code and identification.
Tickets are priced as follows:-
$1,200.00 TTD (Covered) Special Reserve. Includes parking in the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Reserved Seating, Memorabilia.
$600.00 TTD (Covered Stands.)
$300.00 TTD (Uncovered Stands.)
Four thousand six hundred tickets have been requested by the English Football Association for traveling fans. And this request is currently being considered by the T.T.F.F. Warner did add though that those numbers may be cut to between 700-1000 to allow more locals the chance to obtain tickets.
Timeline of ticketing system:
* May 1,2008 - Press and Radio ads commences
* May 5, 2008 - Commencement of online ticket reservations and telephone bookings
* May 15, 2008 - Last day of online ticket reservations and telephone bookings
* May 17-18,2008 - Collation of successful ticket applicants and their respective ticket allotments for the match
* May 18, 2008 - Ticket packages are to be collected by successful ticket applicants at the Hasley Crawford Stadium from 9am-4pm. Online ticket applicants that were successful can get their tickets prior to May 18, 2008 as long as their credit card payment is processed prior to May 18, 2008
* May 19-20, 2008 - Uncollected tickets from May 18, 2008 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium by successful ticket applicants will be collated for re-sale. (April 29, 2008)